AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana is proud to offer orientation, training, and other services to help participating providers better serve our members.
Regional provider training
AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana recognizes the importance of our partnership with providers. That’s why we’re offering regional trainings on topics that matter to you. The 2017 training series includes the following:
- Durable medical equipment (DME) billing.
- Services and resources offered, including provider self-service tools (NaviNet and JIVA).
- Behavioral health provider information and updates.
- Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS).
- Healthcare Effectiveness and Data Information Set (HEDIS) 101.
Five separate training sessions will be held. Please choose the sessions you would like to attend. We hope you’ll join us to learn more about the tools and resources we offer. See below for event details and registration information.
August 23, 2017 — Baton Rouge
Capital Area Human Services Building 2, 2nd Floor
4615 Government Street
Baton Rouge, LA
Time: 8 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Register — Baton Rouge
AmeriHealth Caritas Louisiana is facilitating a Child and Adolescent Level of Care Utilization System (CALOCUS) training for behavioral health providers at no cost to the providers. CALOCUS is a clinical tool developed by the American Association of Community Psychiatrists (AACP) to evaluate and determine level of care placements for psychiatric and addiction services.
- To summarize the historical context in which the CALOCUS was developed.
- Recognize the rationale and principles used to define level of care determinations.
- Apply the dimensional rating system utilizing evaluation parameters.
- Describe the service areas which comprise each level of care.
- Describe the placement recommendation methodology of the CALOCUS.
- Apply the CALOCUS instrument and make a recommendation for level of care based on this application.
Appropriate for psychiatrists, psychologists, advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs) who are clinical nurse specialists in psychiatry or nurse practitioners (NPs) certified in psychiatry or mental health nursing, licensed professional counselors, and licensed clinical social workers.
Participants must register in advance.